difference between DIRECT and INDIRECT intervention direct and indirect
rope cutting (double and single rope)
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED AND INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
5 mm neoprene isothermal wetsuit
Helmet * complete with light system
Descender, lanyards and safety carabiners *
Common material (ropes, first aid kit) * all the Personal and Collective Protection Devices used comply with the regulations in force
basic canyoning course in tuscany
The basic canyoning course is a training program designed to provide the basic knowledge and skills necessary to practice canyoning safely and efficiently.
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is aimed at those who are new to the world of canyoning or who wish to consolidate their technical and safety foundations.
WHAT WE WILL DO?
During a basic canyoning course, guides will cover a range of key topics including:
1. Introduction to canyoning: Information will be provided on the origin and history of canyoning, as well as on the different types of canyons and the geological characteristics that distinguish them.
2. Safety and equipment: Basic safety measures will be explained, such as the use of helmets, harnesses, ropes and safety devices.
3. Movement skills: The specific movement techniques used in canyoning, such as walking, jumping, swimming and sliding, will be presented. Participants will learn to correctly handle the various situations that may arise during the excursion.
4. River Reading: You will be taught how to evaluate water flow, hydrology and weather conditions to make informed decisions while canyoning.
5. Descent techniques: Participants will learn the basics of descents, including the installation and correct use of the technical equipment. The different descent techniques and recovery methods will be explained.
6. Emergency management: Information will be provided on first aid procedures and on dealing with any emergency situations during the canyoning excursion.
7. Ethics and Conservation: Emphasis will be placed on the importance of respecting the natural environment, flora and fauna during canyoning activity.
The basic canyoning course can vary in duration, but usually takes place in a controlled environment, such as a gym or canyon suitable for beginners. It is important to underline that canyoning is an activity that requires adequate training and the acquisition of progressive experience over time.
Taking a basic canyoning course is a great way to start exploring this exciting outdoor activity in a safe and responsible way, under the guidance of qualified instructors.