Forra di Prodo
A JEWEL OF CENTRAL ITALY
Duration of the canyon: 3-4 ore
Total Duration: 4-5 ore
Approach hike: 5 min
Return Hike: 35 minuti
Highest abseil: 18 m
Price: 65€ Up to 13 Years , 70€ from 14 year and up
Period: March – June
At the low parking, our meeting point, we put on the wetsuit and the rest of the equipment, with one or more vehicles * we go up to the high parking, from here on foot for 15-20 minutes until the entrance into the stream. Briefing and departure. For general information on the activity download the briefing and the timesheet.
Knowledge of rope descent techniques is not required.
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED AND INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Isothermal wet suit in 5mm neoprene
- Lifejacket flotation device * (to be requested and booked in advance)
- Descender, safety slings and carabiners*
- group materials (ropes, first aid kit)
- *All Collective and Personal Protection Equipment used is conformant to current standards
WHAT TO BRING?
- Polyester thermal shirt (base layer) to wear under the wetsuit,
- Bathing suit,
- Gym/hiking shoes to wear into the canyon (they will get wet)
- No rings on fingers.
- If you wear eyeglasses, find a way to tie them on to avoid losing them; if you wear contact lenses, it is best if they are of the single-use type, and bring a spare pair!
- A plastic bag to use for your shoes, socks and everything else that will be wet after the descent.
- Canyoning boots can be rented at 5€ per person, to be requested when booking the descent.
Before entering the canyon, you will be briefed and instructed regarding:
- the objective and subjective risks that may be encountered in the canyon relating to the environment and the activity.
- the conduct required to ensure personal and group safety
- the descent techniques, as described in the documents titled “briefing” and “activity sheet “, that may be downloaded from this site
- conduct relating to safeguarding the environment.
You will be accompanied by professional, expert Canyon Guides, with certification issued by the Italian Association of Canyon Guides or with equivalent certification.
Recommended age: from 9 years and up*
* minors must be accompanied by at least one parent or other adult to whom they have been entrusted. In the latter case, parental authorization is required for the minor to participate in the activity.
Are you a group of at least 11 paying participants? Contact us for a special price!
- Good overall health
- Knowing how to swim or, alternatively, ok with using a flotation vest (to be requested on booking)
- Not afraid of water.
- No heart, respiratory or allergic issues that are incompatible with physical exertion and with the canyoning environment.
L’assenza di patologie cardiache , respiratorie, allergiche che non siano compatibili con lo sforzo fisico e con l’ambiente di pratica del canyoning
Ci troviamo in piazza a Prodo (Terni)