WE HAD NEVER SEEN A CANYON LIKE THIS BEFORE….
Duration of the canyon: 3-4 h
Total Duration 4-5 h
Shuttle: 10 min
Approach Hike: 15 min
Return hike : 5 min
Highest Abseil: 35 m
Recommended age: from 16 yrs
Period : July – September
Recommended only for participants who already have some previous abseiling experience.
From the meeting point, we will drive to the lower parking site where we will leave at least one vehicle with towels and dry clothes. With another vehicle, we will drive to the upper parking site in the hamlet of Altoggio, a small, picturesque town where time seems to have come to a standstill. From here, 15 minutes along a path will take us to the canyon entry point. After the briefing on safety and descent techniques, off we go into the water. The canyon is spectacular, deep, with crystal clear water. A few jumps and breathtaking abseils. An experience that anyone who loves canyoning simply cannot afford to miss out on.
This experience is aimed at participants who have previous abseiling experience.
For general information regarding this activity, download the briefing and the activity sheet.
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED AND INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Isothermal wet suit in 5mm neoprene
- Lifejacket flotation device * (to be requested and booked in advance)
- Descender, safety slings and carabiners*
- group materials (ropes, first aid kit)
- *All Collective and Personal Protection Equipment used is conformant to current standards
*tutti i Dispositivi di Protezione Individuale e collettiva utilizzati, sono conformi alle normative vigenti
WHAT TO BRING?
- Polyester thermal shirt (base layer) to wear under the wetsuit,
- Bathing suit,
- Gym/hiking shoes to wear into the canyon (they will get wet)
- No rings on fingers.
- If you wear eyeglasses, find a way to tie them on to avoid losing them; if you wear contact lenses, it is best if they are of the single-use type, and bring a spare pair!
- A plastic bag to use for your shoes, socks and everything else that will be wet after the descent.
- Canyoning boots can be rented at 5€ per person, to be requested when booking the descent.
Before entering the canyon, you will be briefed and instructed regarding:
- the objective and subjective risks that may be encountered in the canyon relating to the environment and the activity.
- the conduct required to ensure personal and group safety
- the descent techniques, as described in the documents titled “briefing” and “activity sheet “, that may be downloaded from this site
- conduct relating to safeguarding the environment.
You will be accompanied by professional, expert Canyon Guides, with certification issued by the Italian Association of Canyon Guides or with equivalent certification.
Recommended age: from 16 years and up*
* minors must be accompanied by at least one parent or other adult to whom they have been entrusted. In the latter case, parental authorization is required for the minor to participate in the activity.
Are you a group of at least 11 paying participants? Contact us for a special price!
- Good overall health
- Knowing how to swim or, alternatively, ok with using a flotation vest (to be requested on booking)
- Not afraid of water.
- No heart, respiratory or allergic issues that are incompatible with physical exertion and with the canyoning environment.
Ci troviamo nel comune di Masera. Provenendo da Domodossola, si supera il paese e si prosegue, in direzione NORD sulla “via Provinciale”. Lo slargo che si trova subito prima del ponte sull’Isorno è il nostro meeting point