LA TANA CHE URLA
YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN A PLACE LIKE THIS
A journey into the underground heart of Tuscany
Sometimes, to see beautiful things, we close our eyes and imagine; in a cave, all you have to do is turn on a light…
Experience Duration : 2,5-3,5 H
Total duration : 3,5-4,5 H
Approach hike : 15 min
Return hike: 10 min
Price : 60€ up to a 13 years old, 65€ from 14 years and up.
Period: All the year
After a brief introduction, we immediately put on our wetsuits, harness and all other equipment. A 15 minute hiking trail will lead us to the entrance to the cave. After the briefing on safety and on the activity, off we go!
This is a unique, one way and return route. We will follow the underground torrent upstream, with small sections of climbing and downclimbing. The temperature of the air and water varies between 10 and 11 degrees centigrade. In the highest point upstream that we can reach, you will have two options to choose between: swim across the small terminal underground lake, approximately 10 meters fully immersed in the water, or not. Your headlamp will reveal colors and images that you will never forget.
Although the return retraces the same route as the one followed to enter, in some parts it will be unrecognizable to you, almost as though it were a different route.
For general information regarding this activity, download the briefing and the activity sheet.
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED AND INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Isothermal wet suit in 5mm neoprene
- Lifejacket flotation device * (to be requested and booked in advance)
- Descender, safety slings and carabiners*
- group materials (ropes, first aid kit)
- *All Collective and Personal Protection Equipment used is conformant to current standards
WHAT TO BRING?
- Polyester thermal shirt (base layer) to wear under the wetsuit,
- Bathing suit,
- Gym/hiking shoes to wear into the canyon (they will get wet)
- No rings on fingers.
- If you wear eyeglasses, find a way to tie them on to avoid losing them; if you wear contact lenses, it is best if they are of the single-use type, and bring a spare pair!
- A plastic bag to use for your shoes, socks and everything else that will be wet after the descent.
- Canyoning boots can be rented at 5€ per person, to be requested when booking the descent.
Before entering the cave you will be informed and trained on:
the objective and subjective risks found in the speleological environment and in the speleology activity.
the behaviors to be followed for personal and group safety
the progression techniques, as described on the documents called “briefing” and “form”, downloadable on this site
on behaviors to respect the environment.
You will be accompanied by professionals, experienced Canyon guides, with a diploma from the Italian Canyon Guide Association or with equivalent qualifications
Recommended age: from 11 years * / **
* minors must be accompanied by at least one parent or another adult to whom they have been entrusted. In the latter case, parental authorization is required so that the minor can carry out the activity
** It is an experience suitable for younger children, according to the water level and the psychophysical characteristics of the participants
are you at least 11 paying? contact us for a custom rate
- a good and normal state of health, the absence of heart and / or respiratory diseases that are not compatible with physical effort.
- The absence of fear of closed environments
- Allergy sufferers, who by habit and safety bring anti-shock medicines with them, must notify the organization and the guide.
Reach the town of Fornovolasco (Lucca), from here continue following the signs for “grotta del vento” and “parco del Battiferro”. Once you have passed the park entrance, continue for 500 meters, immediately after the bridge over the “Turrite di Gallicano” stream, on the left there is space for parking.
FIND OUT OUR CANYONING CENTRE
at Fabbriche di Vallico, everything you need to experience an adventure