Rio Buti Inferiore
FROM THE CITY TO WILD NATURE.
(never obligatory), a true surprise just outside Firenze
Rio Buti Inferiore
Duration of the canyon: 2 hours
Total duration: 2h 30
Approach hike: 25 minutes
Return hike: 5 minutes
N. of obligatory abseils: 3, the highest is 9 m.
Price**: 60 € up to 13 years old, 65€ from 14 years and up
Period: March – May / October – November
-on foot, 30 minutes uphill
–by automobile, 10 minutes.
Once we have entered the canyon, immediately there is an abseil that is about 10 m high, and then we continue along the canyon bed, walking and down-climbing. There is no lack of possibilities to jump (never obligatory and up to 6 m high), and there are 2/3 slides. The final pool is very evocative, and those who dare, can jump from a height of 6 meters.
For general information regarding this activity, download the briefing and the activity sheet.
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED AND INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
• Isothermal wet suit in 5mm neoprene
• Lifejacket flotation device * (to be requested and booked in advance)
• Descender, safety slings and carabiners*
• group materials (ropes, first aid kit)
*All Collective and Personal Protection Equipment used is conformant to current standards
WHAT TO BRING?
- Polyester thermal shirt (base layer) to wear under the wetsuit,
- Bathing suit,
- Gym/hiking shoes to wear into the canyon (they will get wet)
- No rings on fingers.
- If you wear eyeglasses, find a way to tie them on to avoid losing them; if you wear contact lenses, it is best if they are of the single-use type, and bring a spare pair!
- A plastic bag to use for your shoes, socks and everything else that will be wet after the descent.
- Canyoning boots can be rented at 5€ per person, to be requested when booking the descent.
Before entering the canyon, you will be briefed and instructed regarding:
- the objective and subjective risks that may be encountered in the canyon relating to the environment and the activity.
- the conduct required to ensure personal and group safety
- the descent techniques, as described in the documents titled “briefing” and “activity sheet “, that may be downloaded from this site
- conduct relating to safeguarding the environment.
You will be accompanied by professional, expert Canyon Guides, with certification issued by the Italian Association of Canyon Guides or with equivalent certification.
Recommended age: from 9 years and up*
* minors must be accompanied by at least one parent or other adult to whom they have been entrusted. In the latter case, parental authorization is required for the minor to participate in the activity.
Are you a group of at least 11 paying participants? Contact us for a special price!
Good overall health
Knowing how to swim or, alternatively, ok with using a flotation vest (to be requested on booking)
Not afraid of water.
No heart, respiratory or allergic issues that are incompatible with physical exertion and with the canyoning environment.