AN UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE
Duration od the Cave: 2,5 – 3,5 ore
Total duration: 3,5 – 4,5 ore
Approach hike: 20 minuti
Return Hike: da 5 a 20 minuti
Period: December – April
Caving experience- Monte Corchia
After a brief introduction, we immediately put on our wetsuits, harness and all other equipment. A 20 minute hiking trail will lead us to the entrance to the cave. After the briefing on safety and on the activity, off we go!
The air temperature is between 8 and 10 degrees centigrade. The entrance to the cave, which is a natural opening, is somewhat narrow and downhill. Shortly after, we reach the first rope abseil, then a second abseil, about 20 meters long, and then a third. From this point one, we will downclimb towards the walkways of the touristic route that crosses part of the caves, and will follow them for about 5 minutes. Then we will leave the tourist route behind us, detouring towards the snow galleries…. Naturally, the adventure continues! Ask us for more info!
For general information regarding this activity, download the briefing and the activity sheet.
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY US AND INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Caving suit
- Helmet* with a headlamp
- Safety slings and carabiners
- Group materials (ropes, first aid kit)
- * all the Collective and Personal Protection Equipment used is conformant to current standards
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING WITH YOU? – CAVING EXPERIENCE
- Comfortable outdoor mountain clothing (note: it will certainly get dirty!)
- Hiking boots and socks that will get wet
- No rings on your fingers, unless you are wearing gloves; in any event, we recommend wearing a thin pair of gloves, like gardening gloves
- If you wear eyeglasses, find a way to tie them on to avoid losing them; if you wear contact lenses, it is best if they are of the single-use type, and bring a spare pair.
- A plastic bag to put your boots and any clothing that gets dirty during the crossing.
- Dry shoes/clothing to leave in the car.
Before entering the cave, you will be briefed and instructed regarding:
- the objective and subjective risks that may be encountered in the canyon relating to the environment and the activity.
- the conduct required to ensure personal and group safety
- the descent techniques, as described in the documents titled “briefing” and “activity sheet “, that may be downloaded from this site
- conduct relating to safeguarding the environment.
You will be accompanied by professional, expert Canyon Guides, with certification issued by the Italian Association of Canyon Guides or with equivalent certification.
Recommended age: from 9 years and up*
* minors must be accompanied by at least one parent or other adult to whom they have been entrusted. In the latter case, parental authorization is required for the minor to participate in the activity.
Are you a group of at least 11 paying participants? Contact us for a special price!
The absence of fear of closed environments
Allergy sufferers, who by habit and safety bring anti-shock medicines with them, must notify the organization and the guide.
ATTENTION: The underground environment in which this experience takes place is by definition remote and impervious, for this reason in the presence of difficulties even for one person, the guide may decide to interrupt the excursion at any time to solve or mitigate the difficulties emerged. For this purpose, the maximum collaboration of all participants is required at all times. Any health problems (falls, sprains, panic attacks, etc.) cannot be treated by the Emergency Urgent Health Service with the deadlines guaranteed in an urban environment.
MEETING POINT- SPELEO EXPERIENCE
LEVIGLIANI (LU)- Monte Corchia
Il punto di incontro è nel parcheggio di Levigliani (LU)