Duration of the canyon: 3-4 h
Total Duration: 4-5 h
Approach hike: 25 min
Return Hike: 25 min
Highest Abseil: 15 m
Price: 70€ up to 13 yrs, 75€ from 14 yrs and up
Period: April – October
From our meeting point, we will continue by automobile to the parking site (5 minutes). From here, a 25 minute hike will take us to the entry point for the Grognardo. This is a small but very interesting canyon, a concentration of beauty, and the final narrows are a real surprise! The Grognardo is a tributary of the Argentina canyon. Just before the confluence of the two canyons, we will exit the Grognardo to reach the entry point to the Argentina canyon along a hiking trail. The water is always plentiful and transparent, jumps and slides are ensured! The Argentina canyon is a beauty to behold and fun!
For general information regarding this activity, download the briefing and the activity sheet.
No knowledge of abseiling and rope techniques is required.
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED AND INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Isothermal wet suit in 5mm neoprene
- Lifejacket flotation device * (to be requested and booked in advance)
- Descender, safety slings and carabiners*
- group materials (ropes, first aid kit)
- *All Collective and Personal Protection Equipment used is conformant to current standards
WHAT TO BRING?
- Polyester thermal shirt (base layer) to wear under the wetsuit,
- Bathing suit,
- Gym/hiking shoes to wear into the canyon (they will get wet)
- No rings on fingers.
- If you wear eyeglasses, find a way to tie them on to avoid losing them; if you wear contact lenses, it is best if they are of the single-use type, and bring a spare pair!
- A plastic bag to use for your shoes, socks and everything else that will be wet after the descent.
- Canyoning boots can be rented at 5€ per person, to be requested when booking the descent.
Before entering the canyon, you will be briefed and instructed regarding:
- the objective and subjective risks that may be encountered in the canyon relating to the environment and the activity.
- the conduct required to ensure personal and group safety
- the descent techniques, as described in the documents titled “briefing” and “activity sheet “, that may be downloaded from this site
- conduct relating to safeguarding the environment.
You will be accompanied by professional, expert Canyon Guides, with certification issued by the Italian Association of Canyon Guides or with equivalent certification.
Recommended age: from 9 years and up*
* minors must be accompanied by at least one parent or other adult to whom they have been entrusted. In the latter case, parental authorization is required for the minor to participate in the activity.
Are you a group of at least 11 paying participants? Contact us for a special price!
- Good overall health
- Knowing how to swim or, alternatively, ok with using a flotation vest (to be requested on booking)
- Not afraid of water.
- No heart, respiratory or allergic issues that are incompatible with physical exertion and with the canyoning environment.
Ci troveremo a Molini di Triora (Imperia) nel parcheggio adiacente al distributore APA Carburanti
DISCOVER OUR CANYONING CENTER
In Fabbriche di Vallico, everything you need to live an adventure.