TORRENTE SERRA INFERIORE
FROM THE SEA TO THE MOUNTAINS.
An open canyon, with a short encased section and an exciting underwater passage. Crystal clear water, a few jumps (never obligatory) up to 7 meters high.
An adrenaline spike is ensured during the 12 m long slide (not obligatory), a work of art by the hands of Nature, and the plunge into the pool at the base will submerge you in incredible emotions.
Duration of the canyon: 2h30 – 3 hours
Total duration: 3 hours – 3h30
Approach hike: 25 minutes with no shuttle ; 10 minutes with the shuttle
Return hike: 10 minutes
N. of obligatory abseils: 5, the highest is 9 m.
Price**: 60€ up to 13 years old, 65€ from 14 years and up
Period: from April to mid June; from mid September to October
From the meeting point, we will proceed by automobile to the lower parking site. Here we will change into our wetsuits and leave one or more automobiles, with towels and dry clothing. With another automobile, or on foot, we will continue uphill to the higher parking site. From here, a 10 minute trail will lead us to the canyon and after the safety and activity briefing we will finally enter the water.
The descent unfolds through abseils, downclimbing, one magnificent slide and a few jumps (up to 7 mm, but never obligatory). There are a total of five abseils. The setting is beautiful and wild, perfect for a first experience and to discover CANYONING. Once we have finished and reached the automobiles parked at the base of the descent, we change into our dry clothes and head for home.
No knowledge of abseiling and rope techniques is required.
For general information regarding this activity, download the briefing and the activity sheet.
EQUIPMENT PROVIDED AND INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Isothermal wet suit in 5mm neoprene
- Lifejacket flotation device * (to be requested and booked in advance)
- Descender, safety slings and carabiners*
- group materials (ropes, first aid kit)
*All Collective and Personal Protection Equipment used is conformant to current standards
WHAT TO BRING?
- Polyester thermal shirt (base layer) to wear under the wetsuit,
- Bathing suit,
- Gym/hiking shoes to wear into the canyon (they will get wet)
- No rings on fingers.
- If you wear eyeglasses, find a way to tie them on to avoid losing them; if you wear contact lenses, it is best if they are of the single-use type, and bring a spare pair!
- A plastic bag to use for your shoes, socks and everything else that will be wet after the descent.
- Canyoning boots can be rented at 10€ per person, to be requested when booking the descent.
Before entering the canyon, you will be briefed and instructed regarding:
- the objective and subjective risks that may be encountered in the canyon relating to the environment and the activity.
- the conduct required to ensure personal and group safety
- the descent techniques, as described in the documents titled “briefing” and “activity sheet “, that may be downloaded from this site
- conduct relating to safeguarding the environment.
You will be accompanied by professional, expert Canyon Guides, with certification issued by the Italian Association of Canyon Guides or with equivalent certification.
Recommended age: from 9 years and up*
* minors must be accompanied by at least one parent or other adult to whom they have been entrusted. In the latter case, parental authorization is required for the minor to participate in the activity.
Are you a group of at least 11 paying participants? Contact us for a special price!
Good overall health
Knowing how to swim or, alternatively, ok with using a flotation vest (to be requested on booking)
Not afraid of water.
No heart, respiratory or allergic issues that are incompatible with physical exertion and with the canyoning environment.
The meeting point is the parking area via Michelangelo Buonarroti , 55047 Seravezza (Lucca) nel piccolo spazio dopo la fontana in marmo